A hands-on tour for those who want to drive a sled and help preparing the dogs.
Two people per sled: 1 driver, 1 passenger. We switch roles during the tour.
Once I have explained how to drive the sled, we will prepare the dog teams together.
We will drive about 1 hour and 15 minutes through some forest trails, some frozen marshes and a frozen lake.
During the ride, if we get lucky, we might see some local wildlife: reindeers, ptarmigans, wood grouses or a moose.
We will take a lunch break in a little wooden hut on a frozen lake. You will have time to cuddle the dogs and take some pictures.
For lunch, we will grill pork sausages on an open fire, served with a local flat bread, with some ketchup and mustard to make a local hot dog.
For those who are vegetarians or have food allergies, please let us know when booking the tour.
After lunch, we will head back to the kennel with a 30-40 minute drive.
- Tour from December to April
- Duration: about 5 hours (transfer included)
- From 9.00 am to about 2.00 pm
- 4 guests maximum per tour
- 2 people per sled: one drives / one sits -We switch during the tour
- Suitable for children from 3 years old who will sit in the sled bag
- You must be 16 years old to drive a sled
Know before you go
- You will wear one of our overalls to protect you from the weather.
- Wear layers of clothing that you can adapt under the overall depending on the weather.
- An outdoor lunch
- Pick-up and drop-off from Kiruna hotels & from some airbnb (please check with us)
- Warm equipment: overall, winter boots, warm hat and mittens
- 50% discount for children under 12 years old
- No cancellation fee (Let me know ASAP in case of cancellation)
- Payments on the day by card, cash (Swedish currency) or Swish
- Price2 200 kr
- Contact nameStéphanie Peluchon
- Contact phone+46 72 72 68 807
- Durations 5 hours
Enjoy a ride through magical landscapes, sitting on a sled driven by your guide and pulled by eager huskies.